Saturday 12 September 2009

Abergwynant




After Shell Island, I sort of repeated the Cambrian Coast theme with Abergwynant. The fiction became ever more dubious in an attempt to justify the retention of a short section of the line from Morfa Mawddach to Dolgellau as far as the quarries at Abergwynant. The layout was pretty successful in the aim to be ultra portable though once the lighting gantry was added it became obvious that it wouldn't be possible to take it on jaunts using public transport. It's now in the safe keeping of my friend Martin Jones who makes sure it gets a far more frequent airing than I ever would.

This isn't the last you'll hear about Abergwynant ......

1 comment:

Roger said...

Hi Neil
Great to see a few pictures - I've only seen the one in Paul Lunns book. Do you have an over view shot of the whole layout that you could post?
Cheers
Roger

PS If ever you feel like parting with Shell Island... please let me know!!