Tuesday 21 July 2009

Shell Island at Tywyn


Less than a week away, the Tywyn Model Railway Club's exhibition will be held in the Scout Hut, Neptune Road, Tywyn from 11:00 until 17:00. It's less than five minutes walk from both the Cambrian Coast and Talyllyn Wharf stations. For those unfamiliar with Tywyn Neptune road runs all the way from the seafront past Wharf station, cross the coast road and into the town where it joins with Main Street; the scout hut is on the Wharf station to Main Street stretch.

I'll be taking Shell Island on one of it's few journeys from my playroom, but as I'm such an incurious chap I've no idea what else will be there, though my 'informant' tells me that previous years shows have been well worth the effort of a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout Neil, and very inspirational. One thing I've never been sure of, though, is: does the kickback siding actually go back into the fiddleyard to create a run-around loop?

Liddy said...

Hi Neil, Glad to see you're still working on the exhibition circuit. Shell Island doesn't lose any magic with time, I'm still really impressed with the feeling of space you've managed to create.

Ian, Monmouth